Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Introduction

I'm a public school science teacher in a small rural high school. For years I have been playing with blogs in an attempt to organize my reflective conversations about teaching. But in recent weeks I have actually found something worth writing about! It seems that resources for teachers at the high school level around classroom management, creative learning spaces, and organization are missing. It's not surprising, the environment of every high school I have ever been in is hurried, frantic, and by nature, stressed. High school teachers rarely have time to make creative displays, add creature comforts, and decorate beyond the basic necessities much less use innovative and structured method to organize their classrooms. Because I am fortunate enough to have a student teacher this semester, I thought I would take the opportunity to share some of my methods and pose questions for those sticking issues left unsolved. Enjoy, browse and most of all...share!

No comments:

Post a Comment